When it comes to seasonal desserts, few can compare to Pumpkin Cheesecake. Rich and decadent, every good Pumpkin Cheesecake starts with cream cheese, warm fall spices, canned pumpkin puree, and a great crust. From there, all it takes is a short stint in the oven and several hours of cooling before you’re ready to indulge in a slice of perfect, homemade Pumpkin Cheesecake! Here is one recipe you will return to every year.
For the pie mixture
• 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
• 8 oz cream cheese
• ½ cup sugar
• 3 eggs
• ¼ cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons corn syrup
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
• Graham cracker crust (directions below)
• Whipped cream for serving, optional
For the crust
• ⅓ cup melted butter
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. To prepare homemade crust, mix butter, sugar, and graham crumbs until well combined. Place in a 9″ pie pan and press along the sides and bottom.
3. To make the filling, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared crust until about ¼″ from the top.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool 4 hours in the fridge.
5. Top with whipped cream (or whipped topping) and a pinch of nutmeg before serving, if desired.
Coming up with new dessert ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, Crestwood Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!