Looking for something new to bake? While you may be well-versed in the world of cakes and cookies, you might have never tried a lesser-known – but just as delicious – favorite: Zucchini Bread! Don’t let the name fool you – this bread is sweet and moist, without any flavors reminiscent of green vegetables. Try it topped with cream cheese, honey, or as-is.
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2?¼ cups white sugar
• 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups grated zucchini
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.
4. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Crestwood Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.